Important Facts About Moon Phases:
- It is the sunlit portion of the moon as it is looked upon by earth.
- Moon phases change every 29.53 days.
- The moons turning is protected by earth’s gravity.
- The 4 in-between lunar phases are 7.4 days. This can differ to the shape of the moons orbit.
- Every part of the moon sees around 14.77 days of sunlight and 14.77 days of night.
- The part of the moon that faces away from the earth is called the murky side of the moon.
- There are 3 major phases of the moon. These are: new moon, first quarter moon, full moon and third quarter.
- Creates light and shadow.
- The moon well-lit by the sun can vary as much as ten percent.
The 8 Middle Phases in Order:
- New Moon
- First Quarter
- Waxing gibbous
- Full Moon
- Waning gibbous
- Last Quarter
- Waning crescent
What is Waxing and Waning?
The moon is new when the moon and the sun are allied on the same lateral of the earth. The moons phases progress through the: full moon, new moon, gibbous moon, crescent moon and the first quarter moon.
Discoveries About the Moon:
The Greeks were the first to study the moon. They scientifically examined the moons stages. The astronomer Pythagoras detected the terminator. He said that the moon is a sphere when he observed the terminator.
Aristotle also studied the moon and said that it was a sphere. Aristotle did not make many correct theories about the moon. He incorrectly said that the stars, moon and the sun were spheres that traveled around the earth.
We became more acquainted with the solar system in the 16th century. Astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus said that the planets orbit around the sun and the moon orbited around the earth.
Astronomer Galileo was one of the first astronomers to look at the moon with a telescope. He observed the terminator with it. Telescopes helped astronomers and scientists to see that the earth orbited around the sun.
- When the moon is said to be growing, it is called the waxing moon.
- The moon does not make any light itself.
- The surface of the moon reflects light from the sun.
In astrology, the zodiac signs rotate around the moon in various stages. It is important to understand how each moon phase works so that you can get a better understanding of who we are and where the world is headed right now. Once you begin to study and understand the moon, you can become a better astrologer.
When we look up into the sky at night, we all get a glimpse of the moon and its glorious appearance. The moon says a lot about who we are in the zodiac calendar. When thinking about the moon, learn what it can do in your love and financially life. It breathes a lot of information to you and makes you see that there is a lot going on in the world that we live in.
Just like some individuals strongly believe in the mystic and the occult, there are others who are skeptic about tarot card readings. There are those who think that everyone’s destiny is prewritten while others believe that each person writes their destiny. Those who...
Automatic Writing Definition Automatic writing is the belief that a person can write subconsciously. It is believed that spirits write through your hands. The person has no idea what they are writing at the time that their hand is moving. They may read what they...
One of the main questions that a psychic gets asked daily is, “Are we twin flames?” This question is often asked by men and women that are searching for true love. A twin flame is someone that you are destined to be with. Before the world was created, many people...